Monday, January 9, 2012

Online Reads: January 9th, 2012

So obviously, we all love books here at Happy Kat Reads. And by we, I mean me. And you, and all the other readers in the readosphere! (I'm hoping there's some additional readers in this readosphere... otherwise, I'd feel silly writing this. But if no one's reading this, then there's no one to be embarrassed in front of - right? It's one of those "tree falls in a forest but no one is there" kinds of things. I think.) But there's also a ton of great reads available on the Internet: articles, stories, blog posts, etc. I tweet a lot of my favorite reads @onehappykat, but I also say it's worth writing about here! So here's some of the great online reads I've found this week:

Are You A Moderator or an Abstainer?
A blog post from Gretchen Rubin, author of the excellent book The Happiness Project, talks about the difference between moderators and abstainers, in terms of eating better. Helpful for those of us trying to eat healthier in this new year.

One Teacher's Approach to Preventing Gender Bullying in the Classroom
A fantastic story about the innovative way a classroom teacher prevented students from gender bullying. Having been in a slightly similar situation myself, I found her story inspiring and brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment